Free NMEA data viewer,OceanCross

Quark-elec AIS receiver and NMEA multiplexer products questions
admin
Site Admin

Free NMEA data viewer,OceanCross

Post by admin »

Quark-elec would like to share a free APP, OceanCross, with our customers which we used internally for testing.

Initially, the app was designed to aid the testing of our new products, however we have been asked on numerous occasions if it can be used to monitor the NMEA value via WiFi to keep sailors safe and alert at sea.

The APP is free and needs to run on Android 5.0 or higher on a mobile phone or tablet. Unfortunately, we do not have an iOS version.

In exchange for your feedback, we will reward our “testing team” with a discount voucher to apply on your next purchase in our online store if your comments/suggestions are used to contribute towards the development of our app.

Your feedback is very much welcomed and appreciated.

Download the APK file from:
https://www.quark-elec.com/doc/OceanCross_1.12.zip

Please use this APP only for assistance, we are not responsible for accidents caused by using this APP.

kurt berg

Re: Free NMEA data viewer,OceanCross

Post by kurt berg »

I tried this on a Huawei tablet fine install but no sign of signal from my wifi A031 until i push the disconnectbutton then i see all the info in a split secund but then the app closes
Kurt

kurt berg

Post by kurt berg »

I have now updated my A031 to the latest firmware and tried with more android phone and tablet I can not get the signal out on my display .If I press disconnect in the app then I see data in a split second but the app shuts down .What am I doing wrong ?
I connect to A031 via wifi and am connected but then there is no signal at all ,if i connect a pc via usb i got a lot of info out to opencpn
Thankyou Kurt

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

From time to time, our customer asked us if there is a free software/App can monitor the raw NMEA data, here you go:
http://quark-elec.com/doc/netassist_APP ... cation.zip
You can find an App which can be used on Android system and application which can be installed on Windows based system.
For iphone user, you can use 'UDP/TCP/REST' searching in Apple store and find a proper app(there are a few free ones). Good luck!

kurt berg

Post by kurt berg »

admin wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:34 am
From time to time, our customer asked us if there is a free software/App can monitor the raw NMEA data, here you go:
http://quark-elec.com/doc/netassist_APP ... cation.zip
You can find an App which can be used on Android system and application which can be installed on Windows based system.
For iphone user, you can use 'UDP/TCP/REST' searching in Apple store and find a proper app(there are a few free ones). Good luck!
Thankyou

kurt berg

Post by kurt berg »

Hi i recieved my new A026 from your company yesterday i tried to connect with OceanCross without any luck ,today i upgraded cpu and wifi now its working .Maybe you can make an update for A031 wifi so i can connect with my tablet (android) to my A031 .Thankyou Kurt

quarkie

Post by quarkie »

Interesting, will provide more feedback when I have my Raymarine instruments Seatalking to my A027.
It crashed when I first attempted to save IP & port for the A027. 2nd time it saved successfully.
Not sure what the "Therme" setting menu item is for, but it doesn't do anything when I tap it.
The connect/disconnect buttons are not entirely obvious. Some sort of guided, 5 step click-through onboarding tour would be nice.

This is on a Lenovo Tab 10 TB-X304F, Android 7.1.1

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

1.3 Version has been released recently. This should fix the 'flash' issues. Feel free to try and put your comments here.
Download V1.3 version of APK file from:
https://www.quark-elec.com/doc/OceanCross_1.3.zip

rainy_Aboke

girl on your desktop

Post by rainy_Aboke »

I tried this on a Huawei tablet fine install but no sign of signal from my wifi A031 until i push the disconnectbutton then i see all the info in a split secund but then the app closes Kurt

quark-elec.com/threads/2931906

why??

Williambem

-

Post by Williambem »

Hey all you iPhone users out there. I just found this program for free today only. It allows you to move all your iPhone data back and forth to your pc. I dont use an iPhone but thought Id pass this along.