The QK-A023 is a single channel AIS receive-only unit, designed to be installed in a protected indoor environment for the small commercial, leisure, fishing boat and vessel monitoring markets in order to listen to other vessel's AIS information. Patent protected Auto-hop Channel Algorithm (ACA) improves 4% of captured message rate.
• Receiving on dual channels (161.975 MHz and 162.025 MHz) alternately
• Auto-hop channel algorithm improves 4% of captured message rate
• Sensitivity down to -106 dBm@30% PER
• Up to 55 nautical miles receiving range
• USB 2.0 powered (<32mA @ 5.0V)
• 38400 bps baud serial over USB
• Message output in industry NMEA-0183 format
• Supports interworking with NMEA-0183 GPS receiver
• BNC connector for 50 Ohm VHF antenna
• Compatible with Windows XP,7,8,10,Mac OS X, Linux systems
• Plug & Play connectivity with chart plotters and PCs
Driver can be downloaded here.
Application notes can be downloaded here.
For any technical questions regarding this item, please go to the forum at https://www.quark-elec.com/forum/ and ask us your question, it's regularly checked by our technical team and your question may already have been answered there.