registered Disabled

Questions about our IOT solution and products. This includes QK-Gxx series and QK-Wxx series products
rhclinton

registered Disabled

Post by rhclinton »

I tried to register as the main user by sending the 888888 code from my mobile phone. I received the reply "registered Disabled" No further messages received replies. This is the third QK022 that I have purchased and I had no problem registering the first two from this same mobile phone. Why is this registration disabled?

admin
Site Admin

Re: registered Disabled

Post by admin »

Hi RH
Sorry for the confusion. The main reason for this is that from Dec 2017, we upgraded the firmware on this module to support a new security feature to prevent the ability to change the main SIM number remotely. The main SIM now needs to be registered within 300 seconds of the unit being powered up or it locks it out. More details can be found on the application notes on the website (section 5).

rhclinton

Post by rhclinton »

Thank you for sending the link to V1.51 of the application note which does contain the information on the 300 sec window. I have now been able to register the main number. This change does plug a serious gap in the security of the device but it also introduces another major problem. The main reason for using the G022 is to provide switching at a remote site - with the operative word being "remote". I have two of the earlier models - i.e., before the introduction of the 300 sec window. With them, at least, I can change the main number remotely if required. Changing the main number of the latest version requires powering the device down and then up again to open the 300 sec window. This will necessitate a visit to the remote site, and in one of my installations this is not easily done. Organisations frequently change and it is not unlikely that such changes will result in a change of responsibility for the remote switches. A far better solution would be to implement a password or PIN facility in the switch to permit remotely changing the main number after an initial assignment .

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes,you are right. We understand each application could be different. For us, we need find the way to meet most of the applications in a simple and reliable design. We keep reviewing our design and listening our customers feedback. We believe without our customers comments we will not success. Thanks very much for your suggestions. Our plan for the next version is to provide an new comment for the main SIM number, sending that comment the new SIM number will be replaced as the main one. Hope this will helps.

rhclinton

Post by rhclinton »

Yes - that sounds like a positive step.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

After our internal review, we have decided to put the following function on the new version module(scheduled to release on the market in March 2018).
The main SIM user can send a command to open the registration window. The means after receiving the existing main SIM's command, QK-G021 will allows any mobile phone send 888888 to replace the existing main SIM number within 5 mins. Of course, restart QK-G021 will automatic have 5 mins registration window.

rhclinton

Post by rhclinton »

That looks like a good solution. Will there be any provision for retrofitting existing units?

Robert

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

We can confirm the new version will support this function.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Any QK-G021/022 placed after July 2018 will support 'XGZHM', which allows operator to replace the main control number remotely. More details can be found on G021/022 manual.