QK-G022 - relay on time

Questions about our IOT solution and products. This includes QK-Gxx series and QK-Wxx series products
dh1

QK-G022 - relay on time

Post by dh1 »

Hello,

I need a controller for a hill pump. It is occasionally to be switched on by SMS message in order to fill a large water tank and then needs to turn itself off after 3 to 4 hours. I note that the max time for a relay to be set seems to be only 999 seconds (ie only 16-17 minutes) which is way too short for my purposes.

Is there any way for me to extend this time limit or reprogram the box to do so?

If I can get this sorted, I plan to be ordering one of these.

admin
Site Admin

Re: QK-G022 - relay on time

Post by admin »

Hello
Yes our unit can certainly do this task. There are two options I can think of straight away. Either using a high level alarm/switch to monitor the tank and shut it odd when it is full. Or using the daily timer function. I will explain both but I feel the first one is the best option.

First option: wire your pump up to relay 1. And wire your float sensor to input 2. You can then wire the power in such a way that the Sensor will trigger the pump to stop. We have a small demo in our workshop that works very well.

Second option: the G021/22 has daily timer functionality to it. for example if you wanted relay 1 to come on at 9AM every day and turn off at 1pm then you can programme this in as a command. It will then does this task everyday at the same time or until you change it. The daily timer function can be stopped at anytime.

I hope this helps a bit more, I’m sure there are more possibilities and options. Or a mixture of both for extra redundancy.

dh1

Post by dh1 »

Thank you for such a swift response.

The issue is that the pump and the SMS-controlled relay are at the bottom of the hill a mile+ away from the tank at the top of the hill where there is no power and no line of sight etc to the bottom of the hill and the pump. I have a battery-powered sensor and transmitter that can send a GSM SMS message from a sensor at the tank to say that it is empty. However, I need a SMS controlled 240v capable relay to switch the contactor for the three phase pump at the bottom of hill.

I plan to send a subsequent SMS from the tank sensor to shut off the pump when the tank is full, but the ability to run the relay for a set number of hours max is important safeguard to avoid risk that SMS to shut off fails to get through. I do not want to rely on a subsequent SMS message to shut off the pump for fear that a subsequent SMS fails to get through and the pump is left running which would be expensive and bad for the pump.

The pump only runs occasionally, not daily, as the tank is large. So the daily scheduled timer will not work for this purpose.

welan

Post by welan »

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо

welan

Post by welan »

welan

Post by welan »

welan

Post by welan »

welan