Relays latching mode

Questions about our IOT solution and products. This includes QK-Gxx series and QK-Wxx series products
simonosteopath

Relays latching mode

Post by simonosteopath »

Can someone please help?
I replaced the jumper links so that the relays 1&2 in my QK-G022 would latch for a few seconds on receiving an external alarm, and then revert to the deactivated state. It seems to have made no difference: On receiving an external alarm signal, the relay closes and stays closed. I get the normal alarm text. I have to send EXTRT to be able to then release the relay. Using the app, it confirms the working status of the relays to be latching.
Have I misunderstood something?
Thanks for any reply
Simon

admin
Site Admin

Re: Relays latching mode

Post by admin »

Hi Simon, thank you for your message and for your patience during this holiday season.
Tech support will be able to respond to your question early next week.
Our apologies for the inconvenience.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hello Simon
This is the correct function for the G022. When the external alarm input is received it will action the corresponding relay and keeps the relay in the position. This is a security feature for the unit and means it will keep transmitting. This is a very crucial feature that allows our customers to know the unit is safe secure and will keep going.

You will only have to send EXTRT if the alarm input is still being sent to the unit. If the alarm signal has stopped and is not being sent to G022 then you can set the relay to 'NC' with 'GBYn' ('n' is either 1 or 2 depending on relay).
I hope I have explained this well Simon. Please feel free to email back with any more queries.
Best regards

welan

Post by welan »

welan

Post by welan »

welan

Post by welan »

welan