QK-G021 V1.1 How to use external input option without triggering relays

Questions about our IOT solution and products. This includes QK-Gxx series and QK-Wxx series products
ejavan

QK-G021 V1.1 How to use external input option without triggering relays

Post by ejavan »

Hello, please advise how to use external input option without triggering relays on QK-G021 V1.1 I need to only receive SMS if external input is activated/deactivated, without involving relays 1 and 2. Thank you.

admin
Site Admin

Re: QK-G021 V1.1 How to use external input option without triggering relays

Post by admin »

Yes, you can disable the relay actions been triggered by external signals by 'EXTGBn'. More details can be found from:
https://www.quark-elec.com/doc/QK-G021_manual.pdf (page 25)

ejavan

Post by ejavan »

Not quite. My request was on how to un-link external inputs and relays. In other word, I only need to get SMS should any of external inputs trigger. I do not want any relays to be assosiated with external inputs so no relay to be actioned following change of external input's status. How do I get that?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

By sending ‘EXTGBn’, the external alarm input n will be disabled. Message ‘Alarm input n has been disabled.’ will be returned to the operator if the setting is successful, where n is ‘1’ ‘2’or’3’. By sending ‘EXTRT’ all external alarm inputs
will be active. This disable status doesn’t affect by repowering up the module, only ‘EXTRT’ can. So you will then only receive an alarm message in the case external input been triggered.

ejavan

Post by ejavan »

Does not work. Are you sure all commands you mention are supported by the version of my controller? (I mentioned the version in the topic subject). If not , what are alternative commands to have the same options on my controller? Are you able to remotely update the software of my controller?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Sorry the number you provided is the hardware version not firmware version. Can I ask when did you purchase from us please. If the new firmware needed, unfortunately, it need be sent back and re-program on it.

ejavan

Post by ejavan »

In 2014

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Well, I see. Thank you for letting us know. The latest firmware was released in 2019. Unfortunately, your one doesn't support that command. Contact our sales department please to see if you are eligible to get the upgrading. Sorry for this.

JaUttex

-

Post by JaUttex »

Can someone please help?I replaced the jumper links so that the relays 12 in my QK-G022 would latch for a few seconds on receiving an external alarm, and then revert to the deactivated state. It seems to have made no difference: On receiving an external alarm signal, the relay closes and stays closed. I get the normal alarm text. I have to send EXTRT to be able to then release the relay. Using the app, it confirms the working status of the relays to be latching.Have I misunderstood something? Thanks for any replySimon