A026 and configtool

Quark-elec AIS receiver and NMEA multiplexer products questions
oldschoolsailor

A026 and configtool

Post by oldschoolsailor »

I have an A026 AIS receiver on board, which is working well and transmits AIS over NMEA to my Raymarine chart plotter.

I am attempting to use the configtool to change the mode from AP to STA, also the baud rate of the NMEA INPUT (as it appears to be fixed at 9600) but the setting is not being saved/kept. I am using the latest configtool available on your website.

Is this due to the firmware level on my A026 (purchased early 2017) pre configtool compatible.

Is it possible to upgrade the firmware to a level which configtool will work with?

Many thanks in advance
Last edited by oldschoolsailor on Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

karl.w

Re: A026 and configtool

Post by karl.w »

I have the same GUI configuration problem with the A026, but NOT with the A031.

I bought my kit last July and did some config. then, getting the A031 to receive AIS data from a VHF splitter, via the A026, SeaTalk data from the instruments and then all MUXd in the A031. The data can be read with PC (Linux) and Android devices in USB and Ad-Hoc wifi modes. The GUI config worked fine using Windows 7 and an updated USB port driver (from ST Microelectronics), to let me change the NMEA output to 4800 baud, passing GPS position data to the VHF radio. Recently I used it again to configure the A031 to Station Mode - very successful, all data now coming via the on-board wifi router.

Today (just for the fun of it) I decided to change the A026 also to Station Mode for some further testing in different scenarios. I cannot get the A026 to configure. The GUI recognises it as an A026 but returns "not responding" to any use of the GUI config button. The USB port is properly reading NMEA sentences from the A026. Is this correct? i.e. can the A026 work in both directions at the same time? (The A031 can not do that.) Other Quark devices have a sequence to power up in config mode.

So, Quark - how do we deal with this?

Karl.

oldschoolsailor

Post by oldschoolsailor »

Response from Quark re configtool on older (before late 2017) units.

I asked "Please confirm that in order to be able to use Station mode, and to be able to change the baud rate of the NMEA input, do I need to buy a new unit?"

Response "We only upgraded the A026 last year to include Station mode, sorry the only option will be to buy a new unit"

Although I am not overly disappointed with this answer, I am disappointed that I cannot also change the NMEA baud rates using this tool, especially as the NMEA input is pre-configred to a practically useless 9600 baud.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Really sorry for this. We keep developing our products but we cannot update the previous orders. Our sales team have contacted you with a discount code for your new order.

kurt berg

Post by kurt berg »

admin wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:55 pm
Really sorry for this. We keep developing our products but we cannot update the previous orders. Our sales team have contacted you with a discount code for your new order.
I really not hope i have same problem becoz my secondhand A026 is to old to upgrade or config i have the same issues i cant config anything even i see its connected in the tool ,i see everything in oceancom terminal all date is coming like waterfall but i cant reconfig
it .Kurt
Ps just send mail to support so i hope they can help out or i wasted my money